Friday 21 October 2011

Final cheshire cat?



After much designing and things, Ive decided to draw the Cheshire Cat doing a handstand, whilst his head spins round and his tail wobbles..

I feel this is something the cat would do and it minimizes the movement slightly by focusing it on certain small elements as apposed to the whole cat moving.
I really love how these little animations turned out, they have a great hand-made feel to it as if they are shadow puppets or something.
The style of them references the original illustrations from Alice in Wonderland, with the pen and ink lines. Im really happy with them and want to replicate this traditionally and make it into an insert for the Zoetrope in the studio.

The blue one was just to see how it may look if I had cut around edges like in my viking comic strips.. to keep the same kind of style going. I like the jagedy-ness of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment