Friday 4 November 2011

Tin-man! Vintage style!

These are little digital experiments with drawing the tin man in this vintage style. I used patterns in the backgrounds and blocks of colour to add a 1950's style backdrop, and muted the colours a little.
The Tin-man is drawn very simply with bold outline and a few colours. I think it works well and the texture overlay adds an extra 'old' feel.

In this one i moved the colour a little to the right as if they image was screen printed. I think it works really well as a screen print technique, done digitally. Its also much simpler then actual screen printing.
With this one I changed the outline colour and added a white border, which makes it stand out alot but dosent looks quite as fitting with the vintage style.
I do really like it though, maybe I could create a hybrid vintage style, so a bit like the Fallout illustrations, the work references the old styles but is clear that it is a modern piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment